Friday, January 18, 2019

Blog Revival

Hey y'alls, this has been an interesting day for me so I'd like to talk about it a bit. As you can see I've posted my Dragon Ball Super Broly movie review (and backdate posted my one youtube video), but otherwise this blog basically didn't exist. I actually went to go make a new one but found out my wanted username was taken. 

Well, to my surprise it apparently belonged to me, from way back in 2004 and I never did anything with it, but it was not associated with my gmail, and because it existed (and I know it was me, it had info from when I lived in Parker CO on it and all the other information definitely pointed to me), I had to figure out what email it belonged to.

I took an educated guess and was correct, it was an old yahoo email that no longer existed. I lucked out and was able to recreate that old email (SOMEHOW no one else took it) and now that it existed again I was able to connect the yahoo account online. But it wasn't that simple!

Once I had reclaimed the yahoo account I couldn't find blog access no matter what I tried! It was pretty frustrating 'till I found The Legacy Account claim page. From there between reclaiming my old yahoo email address (which will probably self terminate soon anyway as I don't really plan to use it much...) and using that I was able to put it all back under my Gmail account.

Blogger people if you ever read this I didn't steal anything this was all definitely me - though having to remake my old email account was... weird - you didn't tell me which email it was, just that it was a yahoo one... which ironically meant one of two email addresses, but I had a good guess which one it was, and was correct.

Whew, this was a weird fun experience just to keep one legacy useless post, a blogger address, and some user info (some of which I had to update, I'm not 25 anymore, thanks though 2006, but a lot of which I left unchanged or only added to). I'll try to make things interesting here!

No comments: